The first snap of fall is in the air. The daily routine of school and work is resumed, the patio furniture tucked away for the season. But make no mistake, this is not the month to plan long, idle days inside! There's always a lot going on in Charleston, and the beautiful fall weather makes this a perfect time to get outdoors with the family. Here's just a taste of what's in store this month.
* October 12 - The Taste of Charleston - 11:00 am thru 5:00 pm at Boone Hall Plantation, Mt.
Pleasant, SC. Advance Tickets $10.00 (Available at Charleston area Applebees Restaurants).
Tickets at Gate are $12.00, Children 10/under are free. This years "Taste" will benefit the Ronald McDonald House, Hollings Cancer Center and Charleston County Science Materials Resource Center. Plenty of free parking inside Boone Hall Plantation. Rain or shine. No pets or coolers, please. For more info call (843) 577-4030.
* The 33rd Annual Fall Candlelight Tours of Homes & Gardens continues through October 25.
Purchase tickets online at http://www.preservationsociety.org/
* October 30 - November 8, 2008 - Coastal Carolina Fair - 52nd Anniversary - 2008 Coastal
Carolina Fair,Ladson Fairgrounds, Ladson, SC. Enjoy food, fun and music for the whole family. For more information call (843) 572-3161.
* Ghosts, goblins, and ghouls of all shapes and sizes will join the aquatic animals at the South Carolina Aquarium for Fish or Treat! on October 30, 5:00-7:30pm. You can register online at
* Don't forget to turn back your clocks on Nov. 1 at 2:00am when Daylight Savings Time ends!
If your activities for the month include any thoughts about real estate, please know that I'm ready to help you, no matter what the weather. I am never too busy to assist you or your friends, relatives, or business associates. In fact, I count on your referrals to build my business. When people mention real estate, please think of me and pass along my name and phone number. You can be confident that I will provide your friends with prompt, courteous, and professional service.